Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Siena Marie- 5 Months!

My sweet little pumpkin pie is 5 months old today (and her mama is turning 32)!


this month:
Oh, my little love bug... life with you just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter. You love your mom and dad something fierce and when you look up at us with your twinkly little eyes or look around the room to see where we are it truly fills my heart. Lately you have started to cry when I put you down or walk away but I really don't mind. I know you won't need me forever and won't always want me to hold you. These baby days are fleeting and I want to soak it in as much as I can. :)

We have had a lot of fun this month! You went swimming for the first time and went on another trip to New Hampshire.

You are talking lots and chewing chewing chewing, teething maybe?

You have begun to eat some pureed fruits and veggies! So far you have had rice cereal, oatmeal, avocado, green beans, and bananas. We are not sure if you were into the rice cereal or avocado but loved everything else. We knew you were ready when you started staring us down when we ate anything!

In other exciting news, you've started sleeping through the night! The first night you slept through 12 hours and I nearly panicked when I woke up and realized how long I had been sleeping! You've been pretty consistent since you were about 4 1/2 months old, so for a couple weeks now!

stats:
No drs appt this month but about
 15 lbs 
and 
25 in

nicknames:
Chunky Monkey, Pumpkin, Peanut, Babycakes, & See-N



hair:
Red still but you have a blond patch right on the top of your head just like I had as a baby!

eye color:
Blue!

wearing:
Mostly 3-6 months and some 6 months!


sleeping:
You are sleeping through the night! Woot woot!
You go down at about 7 and sleep until about 7. 
You get pretty tired and a little cranky around 6:30. We are working hard on getting a bedtime routine in place. Naps are still pretty inconsistent, but I am not going to complain with 12 hours stretches of sleep at night!


eating:
You are still breastfeeding about 75% of the time and having bottles of formula the other 25% of the time. You are drinking about 6 oz per feeding and eat about 6 times per day. While you're breastfeeding you love to hold onto soft blankies or rub your hands on my arm or clothes. It is the cutest thing ever! :)

We have started you on some baby cereal and pureed fruits and veggies this month! So exciting!
So far we are just getting you about a teaspoon full once per day. You are definitely getting the hang of it and try to "help me" get the spoon into your mouth. You have tried rice cereal, oatmeal, avocado, bananas, and green beans. We don't think you liked the rice cereal or avocado but you loved the banana!
likes:
You love when your Mama talks to you. I literally can say anything or make any face and you laugh and squeal like crazy. Then I start laughing and you laugh even harder. It is so funny! You love to watch Juno the dog run around the house. You like toys that light up and play music. Other than that you still love to use your hands to get things up to your mouth... toys, blankets, other people's hands, pretty much whatever you can grab!  You also like to grab a hold of whatever other people are holding!

dislikes:
Since you haven't been sleeping much during the day you get really over tired and not very happy when you decide it is time to take a nap!

mama:
I'm doing good! I just love being your Mama so so much and seeing the new things you do day after day!

milestones:
You went swimming for the first time this month- loved it! You have started to grab onto your bottle a bit but can't get it into your mouth. You are still rolling on your side but still have not made it all the way over yet. You head control is getting stronger and stronger and we can hold you on our hip like a "big girl" now.

1 comment:

  1. We have the exact same exersaucer! And happy 5 months birthday to sienna!!

    ReplyDelete