Friday, January 2, 2015

Siena Marie {Birth Story, Part 1}

I feel like to tell my birth story I really need to start a couple of weeks before I actually gave birth. Starting around week 37 I was having awful pelvic and torso pain. It was hard to move around and I was pretty much in constant discomfort.... walking was a painful task! On Monday (12/1) I saw a doctor that I don't usually see for my 38 week appt and although I was 1 cm dilated she felt the need to tell me that most people have their first baby a week late. Obviously NOT what I wanted to hear, I probably could have punched her. My blood pressure was high that day so she sent me over to labor and delivery for a non-stress test and a few more tests. They talked about potential bed rest but baby and I were fine and they eventually sent me on my way saying I could resume normal activities. Part of me was freaking out about potentially having bed rest but the other half of me liked the thought of being done with work since I was so uncomfortable. However, off to work I went.

On Wednesday (12/3), I started leaking fluid. I called the doctor wondering if it was my water but they thought it was probably just my mucous plug. I got a cold on Wednesday too (awesome timing) and was so totally miserable by Friday (12/5) that I left work a couple hours early. We had some plans for the weekend so I rested on Friday afternoon. On Saturday we made a trip to IKEA (sooo much walking) and went out to dinner with Eliot's parents that night. My cold was getting better but it was still just so hard to walk around. 

On Sunday (12/6) we came home and got some things done around the house. That afternoon I started to have some cramps. I thought they may just be Braxton Hicks contractions since I hadn't really had any up until this point. I mentioned it to Eliot and we went to my parents house to make gingerbread houses with my niece and nephews. The cramping didn't go away! My fam asked if they were contractions and I said I didn't know since I never had contractions! We started to keep track and they were definitely consistent but did not have a regular pattern. 

We went home and settled in for the night, watched the Patriots game, continued to track, and decided to try and get some sleep to see what the morning would bring... 

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment